One of the biggest chores of retailers is creating attractive displays that appeal to customers and get sales. Out of the display types, stack displays are often the most overlooked. Stack displays, when utilized correctly, can create great opportunities for sales increases of target items. Unfortunately, these displays are often created as an afterthought and never reach their potential.
What Is a Stack Display?
Stack displays, as the name suggests, are displays created by stacking products in an attractive and convenient way, so customers can easily grab the product and make a purchase. Unfortunately, stack displays are often neglected because retailers will use them for dumping overstocked items, leading them to search for used store shelving for sale near me for more storage space.
The main goal of implementing stack displays is to highlight and increase interest in specific products or special buys. When designed and implemented carefully, these displays allow retailers to promote specific products, to meet their sales goals.
Three Dos and Don’ts of Stack Displays
Knowing the proper way to implement stack displays is essential for retailers. Without the proper design and utilization, these stacks simply become piles of discarded products that can in no way attract customers and encourage them to make a purchase. The following offers information on some important dos and don’ts retailers should follow for using stack displays.
1. Do know the customers. If a retailer does not know their customer base, they are likely going to miss out on opportunities to use stack displays to meet the needs of their customers.
2. Do use creativity. Boring stack displays are just mundane. If a retailer hopes to attract customer attention, they must create interest with creativity and careful design choice.
3. Do regularly check the display. Retailers know stack displays can become customer dumping grounds. It is important to make sure employees keep stack displays neat and free of refused items.
4. Don’t stack the displays too high. Stack displays that are too high can lead to customer and employer injuries. Keep the stack display at a manageable level at all times.
5. Don’t create a cluttered display. It is important the stack display is easy to access and is not overly cluttered. Think about customer experience when setting up a stack display.
6. Don’t try to stack small products. Stack displays are for large and bulky items. Attempting to stack smaller items typically results in a messy display that looks overly cluttered.
Understanding the dos and don’ts of stack displays is essential for all types of retailers. By following the above, retailers will find their stack displays are better designed and more intuitive than ever before.
Stack Displays Bring New Life to Retail Space
Stack displays are a simple, yet innovative way, to point out special products in a retail space. Implementing these correctly will help retailers move products quickly, whether they be displayed for convenience or as part of a promotion.
While stack displays are highly beneficial for retailers, they are often under-utilized or misused. Knowing how to create these displays properly can help retailers to rise above the challenges and create stunning displays that attract customers and highlight special products for sales promotions.
Try adhering to the dos and don’ts of stack displays above. By implementing these strategies, stack displays become more customer-driven and interesting. With a little design ambition and proper management, stack displays can become works of art.
Troy is a freelance writer, author, and blogger who lives, works, and plays in Boise, Idaho with the love of his life and three very talented dogs.
Passionate about writing dark psychological thrillers, he is an avid cyclist, skier, hiker, all-around outdoorsman, and a terrible beginning golfer.