If you are planning to use DIY curtain rods to hang your outdoor curtains, you will first need to prepare yourself well. Start with the tools and materials required to make the outdoor curtain rod. The list should include:
- Wood lumber measuring 2″ by 2″ by 8″ and the quantity will depend on the number of posts you want
- Screw eye measuring one by 3.5 inch and once again, the amount will depend on the number of posts
- Electrical metallic tube conduit measuring 1 inch by 10 feet.
- Stain or paint that will blend with that of the existing decking and of course
- The outdoor curtains to hang.
The steps to follow to design the DIY outdoor curtain rod are:
- Determine the deck posts where you can screw the tall boards measuring two by two by 8
- Install the tall pillars first from where you will hang the curtain rod mounting them on the posts selected
- You can even paint or stain the posts before installing so that it matches the existing deck finish
- Screw the 1-inch screw eye near the top of each board in the direction you want to hang the curtain rod
- Hang your curtain rod using lightweight electrical conduit and spray paint it to match the existing decking.
Lastly, hang the outdoor curtain drapes on the curtain rod. That’s it! It is a simple DIY method to ensure privacy by hanging outdoor curtains onto your deck.
Use bamboo curtain rods
You can even use bamboo poles to hang your outdoor curtains from your wood gazebo, porch, deck, or patio, provided you have a wood frame in it to attach these poles to. This will ensure that the bamboo poles do not fall in the wind since the cup hooks will hold the rods in place.
- To hang the curtains onto the bamboo poles, you will need to add the cup hook onto the wooden frame just 2 inches away from where the curtain is supposed to hang.
- Screw the hook into the wood frame, ensuring that the opening faces up and not down so that it holds the poles firmly into place.
- Fix one end of the pole onto the cup hook and mark the other end of it.
- Add a second cup hook to the wood frame in the same way and fix the other end of the bamboo pole.
- Fix the bamboo pole into these cup hooks and
- Hang the curtain fluffing and spreading it as much as you want.
The curtains will slide freely on the bamboo pole and push them tightly back against the gazebo frame.
Installing the DIY outdoor curtain rod
When you install the curtain rod, hide it behind the beams, if you have two beams on your patio. If the rods are short, place it on the main beams like a hanger. If it is long, hang the hangers a couple of inches from the top slats for perfect placement.
Lastly, fix the curtain rod clips on each of the rods to clip the curtains up. It will be easy to take these down in winter.
The best fabrics to choose from
On the off chance that you are thinking about what kind of fabric you ought to decide for your open-air window curtains, you can evaluate those splendid and rolling textures that will give your porch or pergola living space an alternate vibe that will take after an extraordinary retreat.
On the off chance that you need to give your pergola comfortable niche making a porch or a parcel in it, you can utilize a texture that will make a private alcove where you can withdraw and unwind with a cool beverage and a decent book on a blistering summer evening.
There are various kinds of open-air drapery to look over to make your outside blinds that will assist you with creating:
- Privacy and
- A unwinding and extravagant climate.
You can hang these anyplace and there is nothing better than DIY drapes. With respect to the textures you can pick one of the accompanyings:
- Cotton canvas: These repurposed may offer restricted structure decisions and very substantial. These are likewise inclined to form and mold issues. Evaluate waterproofing showers to however application can be dubious, untidy and possibly lethal.
- Polyester mixes: This is the most well-known material that comes in a wide scope of prints yet may blur and stain.
You can likewise pick acrylic as a colorfast arrangement or textures woven from olefin yarns that are delicate, lightweight, and amazingly sturdy.
At the point when you select your fabric for the open-air curtain think about the structural system. Likewise ensure that the texture obstructs the sun, creates privacy and upgrades the temperament.
About Michelle Joe: Michelle Joe is a blogger by choice. She loves to discover the world around her. She likes to share her discoveries, experiences, and express herself through her blogs. You can find her on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook
About Michelle Joe: Michelle Joe is a blogger by choice. She loves to discover the world around her. She’s well known for writing about home improvement, health, business and travel. She likes to share her discoveries, experiences, and express herself through her blogs. You can find her on Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook